The Pennfield High School winter sports season is scheduled to begin next week with tryouts and practices for the boys basketball teams, wrestling and the boys and girls bowling teams. Below are the schedule of tryouts and practice sessions for each of these respective teams.
- The boys basketball teams (freshman, JV, varsity) will conduct tryouts on November 16th, 17th, 18th from 5-7 pm for freshman and JV and varsity from 7-9 pm in the high school gymnasium.
- Wrestling tryouts will held November 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th 3-5 pm in the high school wrestling room.
- Boys and girls bowling tryouts will be held at M-66 Bowl on November 16th 3-6 pm and November 20th 3-5:30 pm.
- Those interested in co-op boys’ swimming at Battle Creek Central High School may begin on November 23rd. Dates and times will be announced soon for all of these athletic activities.
All prospective student-athletes must complete the athletic registration process prior to any participation. The registration process can be completed in the athletic office at Pennfield High School 9:30am through 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
The athletic registration process includes the following information being completed and turned into the athletic office.
- A current MHSAA athletic physical dated after April 15, 2020 or a completed 2020-2021 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire. An athletic physical from 2019-2020 must be on file if a student chooses to complete the 2020-2021 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
- A current completed Training Rules & Statement of Understanding Form.
- A current completed concussion form.
- A completed permission form for winter sports participation.
Each student upon completion of the winter athletic registration process will receive a blue registration card that they will then turn into their coach at the first tryout or practice session. If a student does not have a blue registration card, they cannot participate until they get one from the athletic office.
Any student-athlete who participated in the 2020 fall sports season will need a Pennfield Schools Athletic Participation Release for winter sports signed by a parent or guardian before they may obtain a winter registration card.
Contact the athletic office at (269) 961-9777 with any questions.