The Pennfield High School athletic department will be continuing with the pre-season registration process for all students interested in participating in sports this upcoming winter season at Pennfield High School. The athletic department is open daily from 7:30am to 3:30pm for students who would like to register for winter sports. On Thursday, November 1st the athletic department will be open until 6:30pm to specifically accept registration materials for student-athletes interested in participating in winter sports. Boys’ Basketball, Competitive Cheer, and Boys’ Swim practices begin on November 5th.
The week of November 5th the athletic department will be open from 7:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday for registration for all other winter sports activities. All other winter sports practices begin on Monday, November 12th.
Just like in the fall sports season, each student-athlete will need to come to the athletic office and complete the following items or verify they are on file prior to the beginning of the winter sports season:
- Verify that one is already on file or turn in a current/complete athletic physical with all signatures (exam dated after April 15, 2018).
- Verify that is has been paid or pay the annual athletic fee of $75 or complete a form requesting financial assistance for this fee.
- Verify that one is already on file or turn in a completed Training Rules & Statement of Understanding Form with student and parent signatures.
- Verify that one is already on file or turn in a completed Concussion Awareness Acknowledgment Form with student and parent signatures.
If all of these items are not completed and on file in the athletic department prior to tryouts or practice, the student will not be allowed to participate until this process is complete. All forms needed for registration (MHSAA physical form, Training Rules & Statement of Understanding Form and the Concussion Awareness Form) are available to download on the athletic website or can be picked up in the athletic office from 7:30-3:30pm Monday through Friday.
The various winter sport offerings at the high school include:
- Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshmen boys’ basketball
- Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshmen girls’ basketball
- Varsity/Junior Varsity wrestling
- Varsity/Junior Varsity competitive cheer
- Varsity/Junior Varsity boys’ bowling
- Varsity/Junior Varsity girls’ bowling
- Varsity co-op boys’ swim (with Battle Creek Central HS)
If there are any questions regarding the winter registration process, please call the athletic office at 269-961-9777.